DRIVEN TO DISTRACTION: RECOGNIZING & COPING WITH ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER FROM CHILDHOOD THROUGH ADULTHOOD
by HALLOWELL, EDWARD M.; RATEY, JOHN J
- VG IN WRAPS, LIGHTLY WORN. PAGE EDGES & INSIDE COVERS DARKENED. Pages: 319.
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Through vivid stories of the experiences of their patients (both adults and children), Drs. Hallowell and Ratey show the varied forms ADD takes -- from the hyperactive search for high stimulation to the floating inattention of daydreaming -- and the transforming impact of precise diagnosis and treatment.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
What a blessing this book can be to those people who have ADD, as well as their friends and relatives. It helps us to identify the symptoms of this condition and gives us hope that it can be treated. The book helps us to eliminate blame and normalizes ADD with the example of getting glasses for a nearsighted person being the same as getting treatment for ADD. There are many interesting short stories of successful treatment in the book. This book can bring relief to people with ADD and the people who care about them.
- Vintage-Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- DRIVEN TO DISTRACTION: RECOGNIZING & COPING WITH ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER FROM CHILDHOOD THROUGH ADULTHOOD
- HALLOWELL, EDWARD M.; RATEY, JOHN J
- TRADE PAPERBACK.
- Book condition
- Used - VG IN WRAPS, LIGHTLY WORN. PAGE EDGES & INSIDE COVERS DARKENED. Pages: 319.
- Quantity available
- LATER PRINTING
- TOUCHSTONE/SIMON & SCHUSTER
- Place of Publication
- NEW YORK
- Date published
- ADD, SELF HELP, PSYCHOLOGY, PARENTING, FAMILY & CHILDCARE, 0684801280
Terms of Sale
Please indicate your preferred shipping method! Orders within the continental USA are shipped via media mail, unless otherwise arranged by you. We can also ship via USPS Priority Mail (uninsured).
Because of the USA situation with COVID and issues with USPS, we are currently shipping to USA addresses only.
If no shipping method is requested, we will ship via media mail (US Only). Washington state residents MUST add sales tax as per your local rate. All shipments are packed as carefully as possible. Larger books will cost more to ship Returns: You must notify us and return the book to us within 10 business days to receive a refund, with the item the same condition as when shipped. Shipping costs will not be refunded.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover...[more]