Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Devil of a State is a 1961 novel by Anthony Burgess based on his experience living and working in Bandar Seri Begawan in the Southeast Asian sultanate of Brunei, on the island of Borneo, in 1958-59. It is the fourth of what have been classed as Burgess's "exotic novels", the others being Time for a Tiger, The Enemy in the Blanket and Beds in the East.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Devil of a State
- Burgess, Anthony
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- uncorrected proof, advance copy, first edition, British, English, authors, fiction
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Refers to a state where the spine of a book is lightly "twisted" in such a way that the front and rear boards of a book do not...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- uncorrected proof
- An uncorrected proof is a printed copy of a book that needs to be reviewed for errors and corrections. They are released...[more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]