Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Darkest Africa (1890) is Henry M. Stanley’s own account of his last adventure on the African continent. At the turn of that century, the interior of the African continent was largely unknown to the American and European public. With the accounts of great explorers like Stanley, readers became thrilled by stories African expeditions and longed to follow in the footsteps of these explorers. In 1888, Stanley led an expedition to come to the aid of Mehmed Emin Pasha. The two volumes that compose In Darkest Africa; or, The Quest, Rescue, and Retreat of Emin, Governor of Equatoria are his account of what happened.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- SequiturBooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- In Darkest Africa : Or, the Quest, Rescue and Retreat of Emin, Governor of Equatoria (2 Volumes)
- Henry M. Stanley
- Leather Bound
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- New York : Chas. Scribner's Sons
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- African History;
Terms of Sale
Customers may return ordered books for any reason within 14 days of receipt. We will pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error. Shipping fees and handling fees may be charged to the customer if the return is the result of customer error. Open box charges may be applied for new books that are opened by customers (i.e. the shrink wrap is removed or there is obvious signs of wear.)
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Marbled boards
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]