Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
NY: Minton, Balch and Co., 1924. Rebound in maroon cloth, stamped in black. The first edition of the author's first book, sans dustwrapper. Warm inscription to "Helen" who went on to become the wife of the writer, J.C. Furnas. Furnas was apparently a life-long friend of De Voto's. . Inscribed and Signed By Author. First Edition. Hard Cover. VG++/No Jacket.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- abookshop (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Crooked Mile (Signed)
- DEVOTO, Bernard
- Book condition
- Used - VG++
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- First Edition
- Minton, Balch and Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- First Book
- Bookseller catalogs
- Signed; Catalog23; Addbooks65;
Terms of Sale
All books are fully guaranteed and returnable for any or no reason within 10 days of receipt.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
We have been selling books of note (especially literary first editions, poetry and drama) for over 20 years.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in which the pages have been bound into a covering replacing the original covering issued by the publisher.
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]