Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Charlotte's Web is an award-winning children's novel by acclaimed American author E. B. White. The book was first published October 15th, 1952, by Harper & Brothers, with illustrations by Garth Williams. “Where's Papa going with that Axe?” one of the most famous first lines in children's literature, brings readers right into the story as Fern steps in and adopts Wilbur, a pig deemed unworthy of life because he is “small,” “weak” and a “runt.”. Later, when Wilbur is moved to Fern's uncle's farm and awaiting a certain fate of slaughter at the end of the season, he befriends Charlotte, a wise and unsentimental spider, who spins webs proclaiming Wilbur's value as “Some Pig” and 'Terrific”. Charlotte's Web is one of the best-selling paperbacks of all time. E.B. White rarely signed books, so a signed first edition can run anywhere from a few thousand dollars, to over $25,000.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Vera Enterprises LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Charlotte's Web
- White, E.B
- Garth Williams
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good +
- Jacket condition
- Early Printing
- Harper & Brothers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Children's Books
Terms of Sale
Vera Enterprises LLC
We are still open for business, with a very reduced staff and only one person works at a time in the office and/or shipping. We ship world wide and quote additional shipping for all oversized books and/or over 2 lbs. An N95 Mask is worn and gloves changed with each book as it is processed. We transport packed books to a post office and Current events have also limited our accessibility.
Requests for photos are accepted however they are not answered until staff is available, both to photograph and later answer.
Books are subject to prior sale. Please call or e-mail to hold book(s).
If shipping preference is not indicated, we will send the books: Media rate with signature confirmation for all USA delivery; priority for international orders. All international orders require a destination phone number; please provide.
**Customer assumes risk of loss or damage if registered or insured option is not requested.
About the Seller
About Vera Enterprises LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]