Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Charlotte's Web is an award-winning children's novel by acclaimed American author E. B. White. The book was first published October 15th, 1952, by Harper & Brothers, with illustrations by Garth Williams. “Where's Papa going with that Axe?” one of the most famous first lines in children's literature, brings readers right into the story as Fern steps in and adopts Wilbur, a pig deemed unworthy of life because he is “small,” “weak” and a “runt.”. Later, when Wilbur is moved to Fern's uncle's farm and awaiting a certain fate of slaughter at the end of the season, he befriends Charlotte, a wise and unsentimental spider, who spins webs proclaiming Wilbur's value as “Some Pig” and 'Terrific”. Charlotte's Web is one of the best-selling paperbacks of all time. E.B. White rarely signed books, so a signed first edition can run anywhere from a few thousand dollars, to over $25,000.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Quintessential Rare Books, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Charlotte's Web
- White, E.B
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- Harper & Brothers, New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Quintessential Rare Books, LLC
All Books are American or British First Editions unless otherwise noted. Dustwrappers are present if stated. Returns may be made within 3 days of receipt if book is not described correctly. Reciprocal dealer courtesies extended.
A NOTE ABOUT CONDITION:
Our top condition is fine. Other dealers may use the words mint, untouched, very fine, etc. which mean the same thing. We try to refrain from using general terms like G, G+, G++, VG+, VG++, because we want to describe what the copy of the book really looks like. As a result, we almost never get any returns since the books are actually better looking than the way that they are described.
Books are shipped by the United States Postal Service via priority mail.
We accept out of state checks, paypal.com, money orders, cashiers check, and personal checks. No credit cards at this time, except through paypal.com. Dealers, institutions, and approved customers may receive deferred billing. California residents will be billed the appropriate sales tax.
We are always interested in purchasing individual or collections of fine books for resale. Trades and consignments will be considered. Please write or call to the above address.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]