Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Charlotte's Web is an award-winning children's novel by acclaimed American author E. B. White. The book was first published October 15th, 1952, by Harper & Brothers, with illustrations by Garth Williams. “Where's Papa going with that Axe?” one of the most famous first lines in children's literature, brings readers right into the story as Fern steps in and adopts Wilbur, a pig deemed unworthy of life because he is “small,” “weak” and a “runt.”. Later, when Wilbur is moved to Fern's uncle's farm and awaiting a certain fate of slaughter at the end of the season, he befriends Charlotte, a wise and unsentimental spider, who spins webs proclaiming Wilbur's value as “Some Pig” and 'Terrific”. Charlotte's Web is one of the best-selling paperbacks of all time. E.B. White rarely signed books, so a signed first edition can run anywhere from a few thousand dollars, to over $25,000.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- funyettabooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Charlotte's Web
- White, E. B
- Williams, Garth
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Harper & Row Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Date published
- JUVENILE CHILDREN PIGS SPIDERS FARMS ANIMALS
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.