THE CAT IN THE HAT
by SEUSS, Dr.; pseudonym of GEISEL, Theodor Seuss:
- See description
York, North Yorkshire
Standard Delivery: 2 to 4 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Cat in the Hat is a children's book written and illustrated by Theodor Geisel under the pen name Dr. Seuss and first published in 1957. The story centers on a tall anthropomorphic cat who wears a red and white-striped hat and a red bow tie. The Cat shows up at the house of Sally and her brother on a rainy day while they are home alone. Despite the repeated objections of the children's fish, the Cat shows the children a few of his tricks in an attempt to entertain them. In the process, he and his companions, Thing One and Thing Two, wreck the house. The children and the fish become more and more alarmed until the Cat produces a machine that he uses to clean everything up and disappears just before the children's mother comes home. The Cat and the Hat inaugerated the Beginner Books Series, promoting both the Dr. Seuss name and the cause of elementary literacy in the United States.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Lucius Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]