The Calculus Of Consent.
by Buchanan, James M. and Gordon Tullock
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1962. First edition of this landmark work. Octavo, original cloth. Boldly inscribed by both James M. Buchanan and Gordon Tullock on the front free endpaper. Fine in a near fine dust jacket that has a few small closed tears. Rare and desirable signed and inscribed first edition. The Calculus Of Consent is one of the classic works from the discipline of public choice in economics and political science. The analytical approach of the authors is based on methodological individualism - collective action is composed of individual actions and on the rejection of any organic interpretation of the state. A purely individualistic conception of collectivity is maintained: the state is an artifact, created by men and thus subject to change and perfection. Buchanan and Tullock maintain that only constitutional changes, which can be shown to be in the interest of all interested parties can be judged as "improvements" and therefore consider conceptual unanimity as the only legitimate decision-making rule.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Calculus Of Consent.
- Buchanan, James M. and Gordon Tullock
- Book condition
- second hand
- University of Michigan Press
- Place of Publication
- Ann Arbor
- Date Published
- Calculus of Consent First Edition Signed, Gordon Tullock First Edition
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]