The Bluest Eye (Oprah's Book Club)
by Morrison, Toni
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Bluest Eye is a 1970 novel by American author Toni Morrison. It is Morrison's first novel, written while Morrison was teaching at Howard University and was raising her two sons on her own. The story is about a year in the life of a young black girl in Lorain, Ohio named Pecola Breedlove. It takes place against the backdrop of America's Midwest as well as in the years following the Great Depression. Brutal in its depictions of racism, incest, and child molestation, The Bluest Eye has remained on the often-challenged and banned books list almost every year since its publication.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- New Story Community Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Bluest Eye (Oprah's Book Club)
- Morrison, Toni
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York, New York, U.s.a.
- Date published
Terms of Sale
New Story Community Books
About the Seller
About New Story Community Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.