The Bluest Eye.
by MORRISON, Toni
- Ink inscription to verso of rear free endpaper; ink name to front free endpaper; otherwise a very good copy with a little dust-s
Rochester, New York
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Bluest Eye is a 1970 novel by American author Toni Morrison. It is Morrison's first novel, written while Morrison was teaching at Howard University and was raising her two sons on her own. The story is about a year in the life of a young black girl in Lorain, Ohio named Pecola Breedlove. It takes place against the backdrop of America's Midwest as well as in the years following the Great Depression. Brutal in its depictions of racism, incest, and child molestation, The Bluest Eye has remained on the often-challenged and banned books list almost every year since its publication.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Bluest Eye.
- MORRISON, Toni
- Publisher's cloth-backed boards in dust jacket.
- Book condition
- Used - Ink inscription to verso of rear free endpaper; ink name to front free endpaper; otherwise a very good copy with a little dust-s
- First edition.
- Holt Rinehart & Winston,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date published
- 164 pp.
Terms of Sale
Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
About the Seller
About Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]