Beyond Innocence; An Autobiography In Letters; The Later Years - 1st Edition/1st Printing
by Goodall, Jane [; Dale Peterson, editor]
- Fine in Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Summerville, South Carolina
Standard Delivery: 5 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The second volume of Jane Goodall's remarkable self-portrait in letters, Beyond Innocence details some of the eminent scientist's greatest triumphs and her deepest tragedies. It covers the years following the publication of her groundbreaking book In the Shadow of Man, which, along with her articles in National Geographic, made her famous. Goodall's candid letters recount major events in her life and research, including her astonishing discoveries about chimpanzee behavior, the birth and raising of her son, the breakup of her marriage to Hugo van Lawick, the kidnapping by guerrillas of a group of her students, her marriage to Derek Bryceson and his death, and her growing concern about the future of her beloved chimpanzees at Gombe and elsewhere in the world. Beyond Innocence tells how many of the dreams of Goodall's youth were shattered, but also how she changed from a rather private observer to a public crusader.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Books Tell You Why, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Beyond Innocence; An Autobiography In Letters; The Later Years - 1st Edition/1st Printing
- Goodall, Jane [; Dale Peterson, editor]
- Book condition
- Used - Fine in Fine dust jacket
- First Edition; First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Houghton and Mifflin
- Place of Publication
- Boston New York
- Date published
- Collectible Rare Out-Of-Print
- Bookseller catalogs
- Science / Biology;
Terms of Sale
Books Tell You Why, Inc.
Shipping after receipt of payment. S.C. residents agree that 7.5% Sales Tax will be added to their invoice. The whole purchase cost (incl. shipping & handling) will be refunded if listing is inaccurate or shipment is damaged. Returns need to be authorized prior to their shipment within 14 days of your receipt.
About the Seller
About Books Tell You Why, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]