The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
by Gaines, Ernest J
- Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
Lincoln City, Oregon
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman is a 1971 novel by Ernest J. Gaines. The book was made into an award-winning television movie in 1973. The film holds importance as one of the first films to deal with African-American characters with depth and sympathy. It preceded the ground-breaking television miniseries Roots by four years. The story depicts the struggles of African Americans as seen through the eyes of the narrator, a woman named Jane Pittman.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Robert's Bookshop (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
- Gaines, Ernest J
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
- First Edition
- The Dial Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
We guarantee our books to be as described. If we are in error, any of our materials are returnable at our expense. Postal insurance is at the option and expense of the purchaser. Be aware that postage on this website is approximate, and depends on the item and your choice of shipping method. Over size or overweight items will incur extra charges, but only to the extent of our actual costs. We do not intend postage to be a source of revenue. This is particularly true of international shipments. Please contact us for actual costs for such shipments. Always feel free to contact our shop with any questions, by phone or email, or (nicest of all) in person.
About the Seller
About Robert's Bookshop
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]