Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, The Caxton Publishing Co., no date, circa 1905.. FIRST EDITIONS, FOUR VOLUMES, complete set, circa 1905. Tall 8vo, approximately 240 x 160 mm, 9½ x 6½ inches, 97 full page illustrations including the frontispieces, some with gilt borders, 117 illustrations in the text, pages: Vol 1: viii, 1-224; Vol 2: viii, 1-215; Vol 3: viii, 1-216; Vol 4: viii, 1- 200, original publisher's pictorial cloth, black lettering to spines and upper covers, white lettered title to upper covers, footballer in white with ball to upper covers, original pale yellow endpapers. Slight rubbing and shelf wear to cloth, corners slightly bumped, covers have some small marks, slight lean to bindings, Volume 4 has some pale speckling to outer margins of the first 2 leaves, probably a paper fault (see attached image), pale age-browning to endpapers, occasional light foxing, otherwise a very good tight clean set with no inscriptions. This is a heavy set and will require extra postage costs. MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL & THE MEN WHO MADE IT.
- GIBSON, Alfred and William Pickford.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- London, The Caxton Publishing Co., no date, circa 1905.
- football soccer sport history of football
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]