Les arts au moyen age, en ce qui concerne principalement le palais romain de Paris, l'hotel de Cluny, issu de ses ruines, et les objets d'art de la collection classee dans cet Hotel. The five folio Plate & Atlas volumes. The rare first edition with 618 plates.
by Alexandre du Sommerard
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
618 plates, 512 of which are hand-colored & 18 of which are sepia toned . Full supple red morocco, double ruled board fore-edges, gilt inner dentelles, twelve raised bands, floriated compartments, ruled & floriated boards, marbled endpapers, all edges gilt. Sumptuously bound by H. Stamper [London]. This is the true first edition of Sommerard's work which should not be confused with the much less elaborate economy re-issue of 510 plates. ; Elephant Folio 555 x270mm; 21 3/4x10 1/2 in; Additional images and further information provided upon request. Please note this set weighs c. 100 pounds & may require additional postage for international destinations. ; All shipments through USPS insured Priority Mail.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- William Chrisant & Sons' Old Florida Book Shop, ABAA, ILAB, FABA (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Les arts au moyen age, en ce qui concerne principalement le palais romain de Paris, l'hotel de Cluny, issu de ses ruines, et les objets d'art de la collection classee dans cet Hotel. The five folio Plate & Atlas volumes. The rare first edition with 618 plates.
- Alexandre du Sommerard
- Full Crushed Brown Morocco (Original Wraps Bound In)
- Book condition
- second hand - Fine
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 19th century, French
- Bookseller catalogs
- European History;
Terms of Sale
William Chrisant & Sons' Old Florida Book Shop, ABAA, ILAB, FABA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2008
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About William Chrisant & Sons' Old Florida Book Shop, ABAA, ILAB, FABA
We are a brick & mortar store located between I95 and the Florida Turnpike. We focus on the visual aspects of books and the book as artifact. We have large Art and Graphic Art sections including haute couture magazines but also carry Architecture, Ancient & Classical History, Performing Arts and Books on Books & Antiques. We have a large selection of Antiquarian Books, Antique maps & Antique prints. Hours by chance or appointment.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created... [more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description.... [more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]