Anne of Green Gables
by MONTGOMERY, L.M. [Lucy Maud]
- Very Good Plus.
Standard Delivery: 14 to 30 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Anne of Green Gables is the first novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery. The story tells of the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is mistakenly sent to Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, a middle-aged brother and sister who had intended to adopt a boy to help them on their farm in Prince Edward Island. Like many of her contemporaries, Montgomery did not consider submitting her first novel to a Canadian publisher, convinced that a more lucrative deal could be made with an American firm. The novel was completed in 1905, but was rejected by four major American publishing houses, and it was not until 1907 that Montgomery found a publisher. L.C. Page & Co. finally published Anne of Green Gables in 1908. Anne of Green Gables has sold more than 50 million copies and has been translated into more than 30 languages. Following the success of her first novel, Montgomery went on to write seven more books about Anne, following the beloved protagonist through adulthood and motherhood. Several novels in the series have been adapted and made into a successful television miniseries. Montgomery museums, plays, and houses on Prince Edward Island draw international visitors.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
For juveniles? Realy? I am 58 and always liked it. And tears drop on my cheeks every time.
- Karol Krysik Books, ABAC/ILAB, IOBA, PBFA (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Anne of Green Gables
- MONTGOMERY, L.M. [Lucy Maud]
- M.A. and W.A.J. Claus
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good Plus.
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- L.C. Page & Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Karol Krysik Books, ABAC/ILAB, IOBA, PBFA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Karol Krysik Books, ABAC/ILAB, IOBA, PBFA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]