Anne of Green Gables
by Montgomery, L. M. (Lucy Maud)
- very good
- Very Good
New York, New York
Standard Delivery: 8 to 15 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Anne of Green Gables is the first novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery. The story tells of the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is mistakenly sent to Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, a middle-aged brother and sister who had intended to adopt a boy to help them on their farm in Prince Edward Island. Like many of her contemporaries, Montgomery did not consider submitting her first novel to a Canadian publisher, convinced that a more lucrative deal could be made with an American firm. The novel was completed in 1905, but was rejected by four major American publishing houses, and it was not until 1907 that Montgomery found a publisher. L.C. Page & Co. finally published Anne of Green Gables in 1908. Anne of Green Gables has sold more than 50 million copies and has been translated into more than 30 languages. Following the success of her first novel, Montgomery went on to write seven more books about Anne, following the beloved protagonist through adulthood and motherhood. Several novels in the series have been adapted and made into a successful television miniseries. Montgomery museums, plays, and houses on Prince Edward Island draw international visitors.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
For juveniles? Realy? I am 58 and always liked it. And tears drop on my cheeks every time.
- B & B Rare Books, Ltd., ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Anne of Green Gables
- Montgomery, L. M. (Lucy Maud)
- Claus, M.A. (May Austin); Claus, William A.J. (William Anton Joseph)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- 1st Edition
- Boston: L.C. Page, and Company
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- 20th Century Literature; Illustrated Books; Fiction; Women's Literature; Children's Literature;
Terms of Sale
B & B Rare Books, Ltd., ABAA
~ All items are guaranteed as described. We recommend requesting pictures prior to purchasing. ~ Any items may be returned within seven days of receipt and in the same condition as originally sent. ~ We ship with FedEx, UPS and USPS. Please let us know if you prefer another shipping. ~ New York State are required to add 8.875% sales tax.
About the Seller
About B & B Rare Books, Ltd., ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]