Annapurna: Heroic Conquest of the Highest Mountain - 26,493 Ft - Ever Climbed By Man
by Herzog, Maurice
- Fine/Very Good
Standard Delivery: 8 to 15 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: E.P, Dutton, 1953. Stated First US Edition. 8vo – 21.7cm. 314pp. (1). Publisher's blue cloth covers publisher's colophon de-bosses on front cover, spine cloth black with silver gilt titles. Color and black-and-white photographic plates, maps, diagrams, and fold-out panoramic photographic image of "The Great Barrier" attached inside the rear end leaf. A Fine copy in an original Very Good unclipped dust jacket.
This Fine copy signed by Herzog on the Half-Title page.
A scarce signed copy of arguably one of the most important and land-breaking books in the history of mountaineering. Herzog's account is a very engaging and compelling read, vividly written and translated from the French. Herzog was the leader of the French Himalayan expedition, which was the first in history to scale an 8000 meter peak. He made the climb without oxygen but lost several of his fingers, which had to be amputated without anesthetic, and he endured other harrowing hardships.
The distinguished French mountaineer MAURICE HERZOG was leader of the 1950 expedition to Annapurna. He was one of the two climbers to reach the summit.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Chet Ross Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Herzog, Maurice
- Publisher’s blue cloth covers publisher’s colophon de-bosses on front cover, spine cloth black with silver gilt titles
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- E.P, Dutton
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Annapurna, mountaineering, French Himalayan expedition
- 8vo – 21.7cm
Terms of Sale
Chet Ross Rare Books
14 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 14 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Chet Ross Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The double leaves bound into a book at the front and rear after ...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]