Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Aided by Texas newsman Mickey Herskowitz, Walter Cunningham presents the astronauts in all their strengths and their weaknesses and of the cut-throat “astropolitics” that dictated how the astronaut corps functioned. But this is not just a “tell-all” autobiography. It is also a story of triumph and tragedy. Cunningham brings us into the training program itself and reveals what it takes physically and mentally to be an astronaut. In addition, he relates the story of the devastating Apollo 1 fire that took the lives of astronauts Grissom, White, and Chaffee. Cunningham then takes the reader on the flight of Apollo 7, which became the first successful Earth-orbiting mission.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The All-American Boys.
- Cunningham, Walter
- Book condition
- Macdonald and Co
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- The All-American Boys First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]