Alberta Horse, Cattle and Sheep Brands Also Tattoo Marks for Fur-Bearing Animals and Poultry... were in effect as at June, 1947.
by MacMillan, Hon. D.B. [W.F. Logan Recorder of Brands]
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Edmonton: Department of Agriculture, 1947. 134,xlvi,135-503,cxxx pp. Octavo. Original red cloth with gilt title on spine and front board. Boards very slightly soiled. Text printed on yellow and tan coloured paper. Generally a very clean attractive copy of an item that usually shows up quite worn. Brand books by their very nature are scarce and have not survived well or in any sort of number. This example is getting back to the scarce period and is a far superior copy than you would normally find. 1947
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Aquila Books (CA)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Alberta Horse, Cattle and Sheep Brands Also Tattoo Marks for Fur-Bearing Animals and Poultry... were in effect as at June, 1947.
- MacMillan, Hon. D.B. [W.F. Logan Recorder of Brands]
- Book condition
- second hand
- Quantity available
- Department of Agriculture
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- cowboys|ranching|farming|fur trade
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with refund if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Aquila Books
Aquila Books specializes in books dealing with Polar Exploration, Western Canadiana, Mountaineering, the Canadian Pacific Railway, Early Voyages as well as many other areas. We also deal in antique maps and prints, historic photos, autograph letters, postcards, antique scientific instruments and antique bookcases. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]